Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

                                                            Miss Remi Mae Jackson

November 22, 2012

Woke up this morning thinking about the things I am thankful for. So so much! Where to start? Maybe I'll start with the photo I chose to highlight today's blog post. Remi Mae. How fun it is being a Grammy! How big she is growing! Every day she is bigger and smarter! Last weekend, Josh took Fallon to a spa in Canada for her birthday, so the girls and I got to have Remi over night. First we took her to the mall for some shopping then we hung out at home. She snuggled with Grammy and did a good job sleeping that night.. with a few little wake ups that ended up with her finding her thumb and me rubbing her back til she fell back to sleep. Then she went to Jared's ward with me for church, back home to our ward, and was a big girl there too! Josh and Fallon got home around 4. While they were gone, a few times, they called me on my phone "facetime" where you can see each other and talk. Remi would see her mommy and daddy and just CRY! Poor thang! But they missed her so much! It was cute to see her so happy when they got home. Then that evening, I felt like I was missing something! Til next time!

I'm thankful that, once again, all four of my children are here under one roof with me! I'm thankful for where each of them are in their lives and the relationship that I share with each one of my children. Cole being in college ... we text often and keep in touch a few times a week. Josh and Fallon, living down the road from us (til we move, which still won't be far!) and he being a hard working daddy and partner to Fallon. I can't wait til they get married! If they are waiting for the perfect time and money... it'll never happen! Ky working to finish her high school work so she can earn her diploma. She was going to go straight to Beauty School, but she has now decided to work fulltime for a while first so she can get out on her own. We'll see what happens. I do want to support her going to Beauty School. Abby is working hard in school and trying to keep her grades up. Always doing extra credit when she can.. piano practice twice a month and indoor soccer. She's definitely not a baby anymore and is almost as tall as me! She has about 4 more inches to go! What a young lady she is growing into! I wonder, sometimes, did Travis really trust me to raise these children the rest of the way without him?!! I hope that I am making him proud. I know that he is helping when he can from the other side of that veil!

Jared and I are doing well. Our wedding is in less than 3 months. So many things to get ready for and also a house added to the wedding planning! Buying and getting things ready to move... Hoping financing goes well too! Plus both of us working fulltime. I am so blessed with a man who has gotten to know me and even with my weaknesses, still loves me like I couldn't have ever imagined being loved! He is so amazing! I am always impressed with his knowledge, concern for others, unselflessness, and again .. his love for me! I feel so incredibly blessed!

I hope that those who I love and care for so much in my heart have a nice Thanksgiving with those they love! I pray that the Lord bless each of them in their lives with the things that He knows they need. I'm thankful for the Lord's guidance in each and every thing that I do. I pray that He continues to lead and guide me and my family. What a weight it is that comes off the shoulders when you know that He is in control. I do what I can with what I have and know and let Him guide the rest.
Like the house situation... it's on the other side of town. Jared will still have to drive a ways for work. Ky will have a drive to work too, and to her horse. But as we looked at other houses, this one always stood out. I remember praying about it. Not asking the Lord to help us get THAT house, but asking Him to guide us in our search and help lead us to the home He has for us. And this is where we ended up so far. I have to admit... I was thinking yesterday, "I am so thankful that this house doesn't have a basement for us to "finish" and have leak like the two homes Travis and I owned!" It was just a funny I had in my head. They were definitely our homes and we had wonderful memories there, but I never again want to deal with a finished basement!

Something else I am thankful for... I have one child who gets mad when thinking about our moving to town and being close to Jared's parents. "They are surely going to be so happy that they aren't really losing Jared far at all, cause he's just moving down the road!" Well.... should they NOT be happy? To be honest, I find it a blessing too! Through Travis' and my marriage, we never really had much family close by like that. Besides his brother, Chuck, who has his own family to take care of, Travis' family lives in North Carolina. And besides my sister, Debra, who lives in the next town with her family, my parents live in Idaho. We didn't have grandparents close by to help with the kids, etc. I'm excited for the love that Jared's parents have for us. They've gotten to know Abby a lot and are always sweet and loving towards her! I am thankful to know they will be close by! I'm also thankful to know I won't be far from my children... even when Ky finds a place of her own... we wont' be far. So many people have their children grown and married to people in another state! We will be about 20 minutes from Josh and Fallon. Granted it's not a mile down the road like we are now, but it's only a car drive! Thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment